Military Locomotives

Thu Aug 18 14:51:30 EDT 2005

There is a U.S.Army locomotive on the dead line at Cass,WVa that has been
there for a
considable length of time. My information on it seems to be evading me at
the present though
I seem to remember that it did come from Ft. Eustis along with some excess
rolling stock.
I believe the plan was to refurbish it and use it in tourist service on the
line that went to Durbin
up the Greenbrier River. I don't think it made to Cass under it's own power
but was more than
likely brought up the river line from the South. With a 2-8-0 wheel
arrangement it wouldn't
have negotiated the curves or the switchbacks coming in from the WM
connection at Spruce.