The NW Class J 611

Fri Aug 19 16:04:40 EDT 2005

<I might note that I have found something of interest regarding Cedar
Curve: both the curvature and superelevation of the curve itself has
been changed since 1956, the curve made tighter and the superelevation
lessened. The source was former 611 excursion engineer Bob Saxtan.>

Changing of the curvature and lowering of super elevation after the end
of the steam and passenger era is common on the N&W, I would suspect on
most roads. It was not related to the accident of January 1956.

Ken Miller