Military Railways: Chart of Units

Sat Aug 20 23:16:01 EDT 2005

Before this topic goes away, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned
the ex-Army 2-8-0 that became famous on the Reader RR in Arkansas in
the '60s. I don't know it it was a class 160, but it wasn't a WWI
style "Pershing". It boomed around after the RRR closed; could it be
at the Texas State RR now? I vaguely remember that there were a some
other Army 2-8-0s around on short lines at one time. There are still
a number in the UK and in Europe today, I believe.

pete groom