Atlantic Coast Line R-1 4-8-4's

Wed Sep 7 08:41:43 EDT 2005

>From a business point of view, do we have data on the comparative operating

and maintenance costs for these two locomotives ? Those factors are most
important. Boasting about acceleration reminds me of baseball in 1947. Stay
with me on this.

I grew up near New York; my friends were Dodger fans, Yankee fans, or Giants
fans. In 1947, the Dodgers and Yankees met in the World Series. Giants
fans were left to boast that 'their' team had set a new record for home runs in
a season. Didn't matter.

Jerry Crosson