The date that telegraphy died...

Sat Sep 24 09:38:11 EDT 2005

Frank:
On that part of Norfolk Terminal which was formerly VGN, telegraphy
continued until at list 1962 A.D. Operators at South Norfolk, Carolina,
Tidewater, and Coleman continued to converse in code. Between
South Norfolk and Victoria, I'm reluctant to say that the telegraph line
was still in place. SAL's woman operator at Alberta used the phone
to converse with the Victoria dispatcher and because I rarely worked
1st trick when agencies were open, I can't say telegraphy was used
west of South Norfolk tower.
Harry Bundy