Norfolk's Union Station

Wed Nov 2 09:56:35 EST 2005

An aerial view of the front of the station appears on page 35 of Carroll Walker's "Norfolk: A Tercentennial Pictorial History", along with a small interior shot.

"Crossties to the Depot, Volume One: Virginia Railroad Stations" by John F. Gilbert contains two photos of the platform side (pages 16 and 20).

There are also four shots on page 9 and ten of Lloyd D. Lewis's "The Virginian Era".

Page 24 of "Virginian Railway in Color" (McClure and Plant) has a color photo that includes a corner of the station.

Three photos (two interior and one platform side) appear in "Virginia Railway Depots" by Donald Traser. The pictures are on pages 178, 180, and 181, along with a description of the station on pages 180-181.

Dick Dunford
Blacksburg VA