mile posts on N.S.

Thu Nov 3 08:50:59 EST 2005

Yes, the PRR extension project did extend to Sunnyside Yard on Long Island.
But I don't know how the PRR dealt with mileposts from the meadows in New
Jersey, thru Penn Station, to Sunnyside. Next time I take the train into NYC,
I'll check the MP's. But the original posts were based on the passenger
terminal in Jersey City, which remained in use for commuters long after the
'name' trains were using Penn Station.. And I doubt the PRR would have started
over with new MP's when Exchange Place terminal was closed.

Jerome Crosson