Abingdon freight depot

Sun Nov 6 21:47:28 EST 2005

Dave:

Robert L. Hundman, editor of N-Scale and Mainline Modeler, has written
extensively on the Abington rail story in the two journals over the last
several years. You may reach him at hundman at earthlink.net.

He can reference for you the several articles (grand retrospectives replete
with many visuals, including scale drawings), and no doubt answer your
particular inquiry.

Frank Gibson

Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 1:31 PM
Subject: Abingdon freight depot

> Hello folks,

> its been awhile since I've been on this email list, good to be back.

I'm interested in the town of Abingdon, Va and the vicinity. When was the
Abingdon freight depot abondoned by the railroad and when did the team track
directly in the back fall into disuse? Many thanks for the help.