Bob Riffe

Sat Dec 17 12:28:34 EST 2005

The Pocahontas Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society
wishes to advise members and friends that our long time member and
good friend, Bob Riffe, has gone home to be with his beloved Lord and
Savior on Thursday, Dec. 15, 2005. Bob is a committed Christian and
we celebrate that he is now in a better place and free of the
sickness that took him from this earth. At the same time we mourn his
loss from amongst us and especially we think of his beloved wife,
Judy, at this time.
Bob had an encyclopedic knowledge of Norfolk & Western steam
power, having been born and raised along the "Pokie", and was always
willing to share that knowledge. Bob had retired as an automotive
technology teacher at the McDowell County Vocational Tech Center. He
was an avid collector of N&W brass models and a long time dealer in
HO scale models. Bob was also a devoted fan of NASCAR and an avid
outdoorsman and ATV rider. Most of all, Bob was known to all as a
kind and thoughtful gentleman and we will miss his presence among us.
Friends may visit the family tonight, Saturday December 17,
2005 between 6:00 and 8:00PM at the Craven-Shires funeral home on US
Rte 52 one half mile south of WV Rte 20 in Bluewell.There will be a
memorial service on Sunday, December 18, 2005 at 2:00PM at the
Memorial Baptist Church in Bluefield, Virginia.
Dan Mulhearn; Editor/National Director
Pocahontas Chapter, National Railway Historical Society

Dan and Nina Mulhearn; Pipestem WV
<mailto:dannina1 at earthlink.net>dannina1 at earthlink.net