Turning "Y's"

Tue Dec 20 23:31:33 EST 2005

In a message dated 12/20/2005 5:15:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org writes:

ID is the abbreviation for Interdivisional. At the time of the collision, N&W
Had extended the run of the Portsmouth-based crew to Bluefield. Normally,
No. 86's crew would have gone off duty at Williamson. It was not yet an
"every
day event" for a Scioto Division crew to be operating on the Pocahontas
Division. NTSB concluded that the crew had missed the distant signal for
Farm, which was in the vicinity of Antler #1 tunnel. According to
curvature,
cuts, etc., the head end crew had mere seconds to view the signal.
Harry Bundy

Three friends of mine lost there lives in this collision and fire.This run
may not have been an every day event, but it defiantly was an every night
event. This was an assigned run and as a matter of fact I worked it the last
three years of my time on the RR The signal in question was the East bound signal
at the West end of Farm which was. is? In a cut to the right with short
sight distant I have photo of it somewhere.

John Reed, Charlie Basor ,Marvin Cheek RIP

R F Smith