heading to N&W country

Fri Dec 23 22:54:03 EST 2005

If you want the most "bang for your buck", then stay between Iaeger and
Bluefield. US 52 follows the mainline very closely and provides great
access. I will be heading out there in 2 weeks for my annual winter trip on
the Pokey. West of Iaeger the tracks are located in remote locations for
the most part. Williamson to Matewan is a pretty nice stretch as well. I'd
recommend Princeton for lodging accomodations. From here you can be
trackside at Bluefield in 20 minutes.

Falls Mills, Coopers Trestle, Elkhorn Tunnel, Welch, and every place in
between. You can't go wrong!

Jeff Hawkins