Oldest steam locomotive in Virginia

Wed Jan 4 11:57:22 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/4/06 11:28:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org writes:
This link is to Richmond Public Library and an old newspaper story in the
Richmond Times Dispatch. The train is still there!

http://www.richmondpubliclibrary.org/info/libsources/nwsprclptunnel.htm

Aubrey Wiley
That's a story that has always intrigued me. I wonder if any thought has been
given in recent years to possibly retrieving the train and bodies?
Several years ago at the model train show that the Science Museum of Virginia
hosts around Christmastime, there was a large modular layout depicting
various railroad scenes around the Richmond area. I distinctly remember one module
that featured a collapsed tunnel with tracks entering it, with dirt and bricks
blocking the entrance.

Greg Harrod