Book Projects

Thu Jan 12 22:03:39 EST 2006

Following up the questions about the Withers' books and the suggestion of an all-color N&W post-1964 volume, from the viewpoint of the N&WHS:

The Withers books are his; we'd love to see them in print, but the Society has no ability to reproduce them. Interested folks should contact Bob Withers.

The color book is a great idea, an era long-overdue for treatment, but it is beyond the ability of the Society to undertake at the moment. The cost of such a book is significant; such projects are best left to Morning Sun, Hundman and others who have the capital and can spread the risk over a number of projects.

Having said that, if we think in terms of black and white volumes (with maybe a dash of color!), what subjects do listers most want to see covered on N&W or VGN? A straw poll of sorts. We have several book projects in the works, but we also look for fresh ideas.

Bill McClure
Publications
N&WHS