Oil burning K-1.

Sat Jan 14 08:27:52 EST 2006

Yhea, I think there was an article about it in the Arrow a few years back. I still have them packed away from where I moved a couple years ago or I'd look for you. Seems like that was done during a coal miners strike, wasn't it?
Ben Blevins

I came across a reference on the back of an old photo about a K-1 locomotive being converted to burn oil. The locomotive was No. 107 and the note stated that it is one of two that were converted. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Chuck Stewart.
Bahama, NC
Durham District.