I need Train Simulator Advice

Sat Jan 14 08:36:51 EST 2006

To any of you guys who are into train simulators:
I need advice. I'm wanting to get into train simulators. I used to have Microsoft train simulator, but had a terrible time trying to figure out how to build a route, so I gave up. Now, I've lost one of the discs for it so I'll have to start from scratch again. What simulators and such would you all recommend?
Reason I'm asking is I wanted to do a sim version of the Saltville Branch, but I couldn't even figure that out on MSTS. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ben Blevins