Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen identification disk

Tue Jan 17 14:47:45 EST 2006

Perhaps someone out there can help me out. I have a Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen (BRT) identification disk on a watch chain that I acquired from my father. It has a number on the back, to be used to identify the person should he be injured. The disk might be my father's, who was with N&W from 1935 to 1975 (ish) or my grandfather's, who was an N&W man from 1911 to 1953. Could anyone advise me on how I might trace that number to find out exactly who it belonged to? Did the United Transportation Union keep all the BRT records when the unions merged? I'd appreciate any advice anyone might offer.

R.W. Vaughan
Chesterfield, Virginia
vaughanrw at sprintmail.com