Offering Scans of 1960's Photos at Glade Spring

Tue Jan 31 22:02:00 EST 2006

I have run across an album of photos taken around Glade Spring in 1964-1965, when I was working on the Saltville Branch. These depict GP-9's, RS-11's and Southern E's doing the everyday chores on the Bristol Line. Unfortunately, I seldom pointed my camera at anything but engines and trains and I completely missed out on the people and the buildings. Too late now...

I'll be scanning these photos and sending them to "a certain" member of this List, Ben-the-Mayor-of-Marion.

If anyone else wants to receive them, I'll be happy to include you on the distribution. Email me a request at pravoslavna at gmail.com .

All these photos were taken with a high quality 35mm camera on Panatomic-X film and are printed 8x10". I'll scan them full size at a resolution that will enable the recipient to make a good print. Fortunately, I dated most of them. I'll send them out at the rate of one every several days.

-- abram burnett