FW: Cab Signals on N&W FM Trainmasters at Lamberts

Thu Feb 9 08:08:12 EST 2006

Thanks for the clarification, Larry Crocker. Now I need some help
. . . . . .bad. In Lamberts Point nomenclature, what were the
crews named that scavenged the yard to bring the RIGHT cars
of coal to the hump for dumping ? Were there any assignments
called "trimmer" crews ? Most of the people here in Roanoke
aren't that acquainted with Norfolk and can't give me an answer.

The EPA would certainly have had a field day at Lamberts Point.
The FM shoving to the retarder yard would occasionally pause and
be obscured by exhaust. One afternoon an engineer with two
ex-NKP RSD-12's failed to get a cut to the barney yard. The Road
Foreman, Mr. Kelly, went over to help him out. They got the coal
to the barney yard . . . . .and turned the weather report from sunny
to mostly cloudy.
Harry Bundy