Raleigh, Ohio

Fri Feb 10 16:09:21 EST 2006

Was either Seaboard or Southern...ACL didn't run through Raleigh..NS has a
lease with the State of North Carolina to operate over the North Carolina
Railroad..Don't know much about it I too am not from here..(Roanoke) so my
Rail history is not the best...The Southern Station was where Amtrak is now
and The Seaboard is right off Capitol Blvd.It's now a home and Garden shop
called Seaboard Station...Ken Tanner
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 10:05 PM
Subject: Raleigh, Ohio

> A little off topic, but I know that I have several "Southern" buddies on

the list.

> Here I am a true N&W guy trapped on the Southern side south of the system

for at least a month and I need a little info on the line that we are
up-grading, I am presently camped in the yard at Raliegh off Capital Blvd,
and we are working smack in the downtown area of Raleigh NC. the track is in
terrible shape, we are upgrading the line from the triple diamond to mp 250.
Anyone know what the heritage of this line might be, and what the future
holds?? This line runs along a maximumn security prison, and across I40/440.

> Right outside my campcar window sets NS#50 and #53, these units look like

they are on their way to retirement in the near future.