Caboose place

Tue Mar 21 05:49:17 EST 2006

Mike,
Thanks for sharing the photos. I read the article in the Bristol Paper as well. It'll be right at home where he put it.

I looked into getting a caboose and putting it in my back yard, but it would be too big, and more importantly, too expensive a project for me to handle. But, it sure is good to see them preserved.
Ben Blevins

The owner, Bart Long, said yesterday that he intends to do a first class restoration, inside and out, including sandblasting and painting in NW red. His enthusiasm is backed by his success in the redevelopment of many historic buildings on State Street, Bristol.

The lift and place event was covered in a photo story that takes up most of the front page of this morning's Bristol Herald Courier.

Mike Pierry, Jr.