Inspect Train signal

Wed Mar 22 12:26:16 EST 2006

Jim Mihalek emailed me some photos he had of these signals. The one's he photographed were made out of Position Light parts. The lights were the PL lamp boxes, the frames were conduit fittings off a PL, and a pipe, with a metal background. Hmmm, a homemade signal!

Now, Harry is correct about mine. It's a modern unit, and resembles the equipment still used. If I restored it to new condition, it could hold its own with these new Safetran signals. Its a two lamp configuration, all cast into one unit. I need to get a photo of it. Anyway, I can see how the N&W set them up, and that was my main interest.

Thanks everybody for your help. I much appreciate it!

Now, I think I'll display it on a short stand, about eye level, since my position light is also reduced height.

Ben Blevins

Gee, Ben, you got the new and improved version. The original "Inspect
Train" signals had two aspects -- red, for stop and inspect train, and
dark, for no defects. Now imagine what happened when the train
had a defect, but the light had burnt out.
Harry Bundy