Limestone service boxcars

Fri Mar 24 08:01:34 EST 2006

There was a model of a lime loader boxcar in the modeling contest at the NWHS Convention many years ago. ...? I thought Jim Nichols built it?.... They used to be stored at Ashby VA for Riverton Corporation loading. I have many slides of them, but would take a little time to go through my collection to find them, as my job is very busy at this particular time. They were mostly without doors, and forty foot cars still with roof walks. Basically solid roadworthy carbodies from many different classes, that had seen rough lives and were no longer suited for higher types of service. Mason Cooper