Whereabouts of 611 and 1218 Excursion Service Auxilliary Tenders

Wed Apr 5 21:41:14 EDT 2006

One tank is in the museum in Roanoke. The other one, which was smoothside and painted tuscan the last year, went to Milwaukee Road 261, I think. These were built out of L&N 'Big Emma' tenders, so that may help you in finding some specs on the overall dimensions.

Will

I want to model the Auxilliary Tenders that the 611 and 1218 during
their days in Excursion Service. Ideally, I'd like to know where these
A-Tanks are located so I can measure and photograph them. But if
they're not available for inspection, I'll settle for drawings,
diagrams, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill King