610 at Chicago

Sat Apr 8 22:40:52 EDT 2006

See what's on the next track? Either Pennsy 6110 or 6111, one of the two original T1 experimentals . . .

Ed King
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 1:18 PM
Subject: 610 at Chicago

A friend recently send me this photo of J 610 at Chicago in the 1940s, ostensibly while being tested by "that other railroad." I do not know the source of the photo.

As sent here for the list, I've reduced both the size and the pixel count from the original. The original is almost 12" wide and scanned at 200/dpi, so would make you a nice print. If anyone wants the original image, write me at pravoslavna at gmail.com and I'll send it.

-- abram burnett