mile markers

Mon Apr 10 16:33:38 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/10/2006 2:39:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org writes:

Sometime in the 1930s, the Station Numbers were revised. Originally the
Station Numbers had been in some form tied to the Mile Posts, but in the 1930s
they were revised to reflect actual mileage from Norfolk.

Spike,
I as far as I know on the Shen. Div. the station numbers were the next
mile post north of the station and stayed that way until the advent of CYO.
Reporting them in paperwork the Valley used a "13" prefix (Winston Line used a
"14"). Example - Glasgow 13195, Buena Vista 13184, Midvale 13174, Waynesboro
13142, Shenandoah 13106.
I would like to ask if you still have your photos of Buddy Ralston's
wreck near Gooseneck Dam?
Jimmy Lisle