Downloads and e-mail

Thu Apr 13 09:04:25 EDT 2006

This is sent to the Moderator, and perhaps for the group.

You may re-consider the e-mail software you are using.

Does it allow you to preview what you are about to download?

I use an e-mail software, Pegasus. It's a free download.
The real value of Pegasus is that I can preview what's on the mail
server before I download it, IF I want to download it.

In the days when I had dial-up, Pegasus was a god-send. I could
wait to download those big files until I had time.

Unfortunately much of the e-mail software does not allow you to
preview what's on the server. A real lack of service to those of us
who are receiving e-mail.

We can point a finger at the files being sent. But since there are
tools available to preview what's on our mail server, we should use
them. There's a GREAT side benefit to this: you don't download e-
mail from folks you don't know!

Regards,

...Kim