Housekeeping

Wed Apr 19 10:30:11 EDT 2006

While my primary interest is in the N&W and Virginian, I also enjoy reading information about other regional Railroads, without having to go to a lot of other forums. We seem to have a few members who are discussing the Southern, A&D, ACL, SAL, etc. from time to time, and I believe that adds variety and enjoyment to the discussion.

I was not previously aware of the "coal pusher" technology that Bill Sellers discussed, so I learned something new. Bill has indicated that his intent was not to denigrate the N&W, and I accept that, and believe he was just trying to present a positive view of the accomplishments of the ACL. Some of our members did get on him a little hot and heavy however.

As far as I am concerned, Bill Sellers is as welcome here as anyone else. Why would we want to run off one of our members just because there's a little controversy and lively discussion?

John Simmons (also from Narrows Va. - currently living in Charlotte NC)