Ash Hoists

Sat Apr 22 11:44:59 EDT 2006

I am looking for information and photos on the ash hoists at Shenandoah, VA.

A search of ash hoist on the VA Tech web site yielded nothing.

A search of my NWHS Archives CD turns up no specific entries for these hoists. There are a number of entries for other locations.

Apparently, there were two types (maybe more) of hoists used by N&W, electric and pneumatic.

Can anyone provide information on the Shenandoah hoists? I'd like to model these as closely as possible.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD