Refurbished

Sun Apr 23 18:38:33 EDT 2006

Yes,

During my tenure on the Marion Section we was warned by the local FRA represenative that the vegetation was on the verge of a FRA violation, so we did the minimumn work required around the signals and the crossings. I haven't been back down there since the winter of 04, but I am sure that not a lot has been done since. The Five man crew and one truck at Marion have to deal with the entire line from Ford (west end Bristol) to J.C. (West end Radford) as well as the N&W Bristol yard as well as the old V&SW yard in Bristol. Classic case of Too much track, not enough help and too little time in the day.

Gary Price
Marion VA.