Stations and sidings book

Mon May 15 12:51:06 EDT 2006

Hi Nathan Simmons,

I'll take a stabe at the use of your book. These books were used before the days of the Centeral Yard Office (CYO). Basically it's for car routing and spotting. This is what I'm not clear about is if the book was used by the trains conductor or the yard making up the train. As you can see the left page lists the customers and the spur numbers. The right page lists the station agents and which customers are assigned to them. This is all before the station agent was done away with and replaced by a computer. I hope this is of some help and I hope other listers can explain it better.

My I ask a huge favor and have you scan me the pages for the Winston-Salem District? You can send them to me at: nwrlinemp72 at comcast.net

Take care, John Hecker