Roanoke & Southern Depot at Roanoke

Sat Jun 10 10:20:26 EDT 2006

Anyone still living who can remember the old Roanoke & Southern depot at Roanoke (south east quadrant of intersection of Jefferson St and Randolph St) will recall it as the "Salvage Warehouse."

Does anyone have information on the use of this building between the time of its construction (early 1890s ??) and the time it became the "Salvage Warehouse" ? And, just when did it become the "Salvage Warehouse"?

Whew ! Such questions !

Nonetheless, I'm confident that someone on this List has figured out the answers long before I asked the questions...

-- abram burnett