"JC"

Mon Aug 28 08:51:33 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/27/2006 4:05:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org writes:

Another question -
did N&W have any PL-1s ? I've seen multitudes of the improved version,
but can't say I've even seen a photo which included a PL-1.

Believe I axed the wrong question. Did N&W ever have any PL-2 dwarf
signals ?
There's a Union dwarf signal at the fireplace. It's all black (no aluminum
paint).
It has side panels to be removed when replacing bulbs etc. It's probably 25%
larger than the dwarf signals I've seen on the N&W and the tallest part is
next to
the track of an approaching train. All corners are rounded (for lack of a
better
word). Since I've never seen anything like this on N&W, I'm thinking it must
have
PRR heritage.
Harry Bundy