Montvale Turn

Tue Sep 12 23:33:46 EDT 2006

Bud,

After steam, the Phoebe Turn (or what was called the Phoebe Turn) continued to operate at least into the early/mid 1960's. I recall that a westbound hopper train would go west through Lynchburg on the old main line soon after No. 26 went east. This train was referred to as the Phoebe Turn. It was one of the few, if not the only, through freight to use the old main line in that era.

Ray Smoot