Icing Stations on the N&W

Sun Sep 17 20:33:42 EDT 2006

I remember handling a few ice refrigerators in June 1969. That date is firm, because it was the month I was married, and one doesn't forget things like that.

May have handled a very few after that, but not many.

That's about the same time I remember No. 84 handling on the head end the last load of livestock I ever saw moving on the N&W. The stock yard west of Shaffers Crossing was apparently closed, and Clyde Angle, the stock yard manager, had to make some special arrangements to get the animals fed and watered.

-- abram burnett