Unstreamlined Js

Fri Sep 29 22:25:07 EDT 2006

Can anyone tell me which of the "war baby" Js were originally built without streamlining, and what class they carried. Somewhere (don't remember where) I had seen a reference saying that they carried "J1" class designation while in their naked dress and that they were reclassified "J" after streamlining... is this correct???

TIA

jerry
<jmlaboda2 at yahoo.com>

Passenger Car Photo Indexes - UPDATED 10/05/06 WITH 2407 NEW LINKS ADDED!!!
<http://trainweb.org/passengercars/>

N-scale Passenger Car User's Guide
<http://trainweb.org/passengercars/UsersGuide.htm>

Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!