Icing Stations on the N&W

Mon Oct 2 23:52:51 EDT 2006

Gary,

Thanks for the information from the 1924 Officers, Agents and Stations
listing. I suspect you are correct in that very little came to Durham needing
refrigeration. A look at an Sanborn Insurance Map of that period show the N&W
freight yard and freight house. Most all of the other tracks in the
neighborhood are to tobacco facilities. There is J. A. Murdock Co. Inc, an ice plant
and coal yard not too far away from the freight yard but with no loading dock
showing. There is an ammonia tank showing on the map I didn't have this
map access when I first posted my question.

Thanks to all who responded.

Chuck Stewart