Roanoke District double track

Wed Oct 4 08:13:47 EDT 2006

"Now Jimmy - the 1952 track chart shows a siding that opened north at MP
165.4 and is identified as Pkin Spur. I'm not sure this was a remnant of
the former wye or if it was the lead to some mines, by then abandoned. It
was on the east side of the northward main track."

I suspect that the old wye might have been part of this former spur that led
to some ore mine.

"I might make one more point -- the track chart shows a
trailing crossover between the depot and the wye at Lofton"

Probably to get the pushers over to the southbound track for their return to
Roanoke. and also a trailing crossover
south of Pkin Spur.
Jimmy Lisle