whistles

Sun Nov 26 22:02:00 EST 2006

The engines in question were 2167 with our beloved 1218 behind. The
whistling appears to be done by the lead engine but I believe they both had
the same whistle. All the photos I've ever seen, at least on Blue Ridge,
had the Y up front. I only got to see them a few times up close and
personal down in the dismal swamp and there it was usually just an A. And
that, unfortunately, was a long, long time ago...

_____