Special Function

Mon May 14 08:48:58 EDT 2007

Gordon,

Thanks for the further info in the track geometry car. I saw it in Roanoke
recently too.

Your statement that the previous self-contained track geometry car is now in
the VMT in Roanoke puzzled me though. I have not seen it in or near the
museum. In fact I was under the impression that Louisville Scrap cut it up
several years ago despite the museum's oft-stated "understanding" that it
was going to be given the car. Can you give further information?

(I served on the museum's BOD in the early 90's and these supposed
"understandings" between the museum management and potential donors were a
continuing source of frustration as we watched several major items we were
assured were destined for the VMT collection either disappear--usually
scrapped--go to other collections, or be sold off.)

Thanks,

Sam Putney

Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2007 9:23 PM
Subject: Re: Special Function