Poor Captions

Sat May 26 17:39:27 EDT 2007

I think that the Arcadia books are kind of a paper version of
Wikipedia - they rely entirely on the skill of the authors. Many of
the Arcadia books on transit and RRs in the SF Bay area (where I
live) are well done, but they have been done by respected local
names. I doubt very seriously if the economics of publishing the
small runs of such a wide range of books allows for much more than
spell-checking. However, without an outfit like Arcadia, many of the
subjects of their books would never see print.

pete groom