Shot at Cecil

Wed Jun 27 00:14:54 EDT 2007

Mike,
That's it. That's Cecil. I don't know why its named that, but it has been a signal installation from way back. And, yes, that through truss bridge would make a spectacular photograph.

I remember when that Diesel was on the local. I've been trying to catch the westward local now, because it has SD40-2 6074 on it, and I have an old numberboard from that engine hanging up in my basement. I bought it the weekend of 611's dedication in 1995 at Roanoke. I think I gave 15 bucks for two of them. One for 6074, the other was 6115.

Anyway, you have a talent for taking great RR shots. Thanks again for sharing them!

Ben Blevins

Dave, Ben, and all,

Here is an ex-NW SD40-2 leading V19 out of the Cecil siding on a rainy April
day last year.
I'll drop back in there shortly to see if the R/W has been cleared since
then. Will give me an opportunity to shoot a new image of an eastbound
coming through the 1913 truss bridge that is just behind where I was
standing for this pix.

Mike Pierry, jr.