VMT & 1604

Tue Jul 31 20:40:34 EDT 2007

Because it was always on loan from C&O and after the 1985, CSX/Chessie decided they want to get it back and refurbish it for display at the B&O Museum. The prospects for the VMT were pretty bleak at the time (some things never change).

Sam Putney

Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 7:14 AM
Subject: VMT & 1604

A friend of mine asked the following question. Does anyone know the answer?
"Why did the Virginia Transportation Museum let the H-8 Allegheny 1604 go to Baltimore's B&O Museum?"
Jimmy Lisle

PS
Harry,
I was hoping that at least you would have an answer to my "Ticket Box" question from a few days ago.
JL