ticket cabinet

Fri Aug 3 08:16:09 EDT 2007

Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:02:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Ticket Box ?

Frank,

Do you think this box is what the Antique Dealer
said it was? My wife would be an easy mark for
something like this and I have no idea as I can't
remember seeing one in any of the stations that I went
into.
I did comment to her that if I gutted the thing it
would make a nice "Breadbox".

Jimmy Lisle

August 3, 2007

Hello, Jimmy:

The box you have isn't similar to ticket cabinets I've
seen for coupon or card tickets. That said, I can't
disprove it was used for holding ticket stock at a
small station. At this point, you need to be
satisfied with the antique dealer's integrity, as well
as the thoughtfulness of your wife. There's not many
spouses who will voluntarily purchase something toward
their partner's collecting interest. The cabinet is
well-crafted and a nice item --and there's not many of
the message clips around, either.

As a side-suggestion, N&W made many of its own
cabinets and furniture at its carpentry shop. I've
seen the drawings for desks and perhaps there are
other plans for chairs, cases, etc. in the Archives.

Good luck,

Frank
f_scheer at yahoo.com