Vacatikon questions

Tue Aug 14 08:50:36 EDT 2007

Recently I was in Roanoke for a few hours and tried to drive around the old
complex to get a good view but had no idea what I was doing. For those who
don't live in the area but travel there occasionally, this kind of information would
be a gold mine. Would it be possible to catalog the remaining N&W structures
on the society's website? It's just an idea.

Brian Dembinski

2. Where was the Bristol, Va. roundhouse, and does it still exist?

Yes, in a highly modified form, two stalls exist about 3/4 mile east of the
Bristol depot. It is a garage for a trucking company. Access to this is
not easy.

3. Where is the Bluefield, WV lubritorium, and does it still exist?

The lubritorium can be easily viewed from downtown Bluefield on the road
running next to the yard, Route 19. You can't miss it. It is still used
for diesel servicing.

Gary Rolih
Cincinnati