N&W Col. - Sandusky Coal Line

Fri Aug 17 19:27:39 EDT 2007

Jim,

Thanks!

I think that carry-out used to be some sort of railroad depot or freight office many years ago. That bar on the second floor must have been a new development as it was just an apartment, I believe when I was there in the late 1960's.

Just south of the store was a drilling company called McKinney Drilling & Pipe, or something like that. Was that still there?

We lived at the southeast corner of Park Rd and West St and across West Street was an old red school house that was serving as an antique shop.

Yes, looking at Google Earth, etc.., sure looks like the farm fields in the area are all housing developments now.

Lots of good memories train watching in Flint!

Thanks again!

Randy Bly,
Clearwater, FL

Randy,
I spent quite a bit of time in that area from the mid 80s to the early 90s. Don't know if that is the time frame you are looking for. My sister lives about a mile east of the crossing. A "relative" used to own the "Top of the Flint" which was the bar above the little carryout there. Since my father-in-law passed away, I don't go back to Columbus much, but when I do I try and revisit the old haunts like Flint, Worthington and Cooke Rd. That area has grown so much, the traffic makes it difficult to get around.

Jim Mihalek
Lakeville, MN

Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour ________________________________________