Tom Dressler

Wed Sep 5 14:55:14 EDT 2007

To all,

We have lost a good friend and a great N&W historian. Tom was a good friend and always offered to help me when times were tough back when I completed college and moved to North Carolina. God rest his soul.

Tom's obituary as taken from the Portsmouth Daily Times:

Regards,

Todd Arnett

Thomas D. Dressler, 71, of Portsmouth, passed away Saturday morning, Sept. 1, 2007, in Tucson, Ariz.

He was born Feb. 7, 1936, in Portsmouth, to Walter and Elizabeth Dressler, and preceded in death by two wives, Janet Ketter Dressler, in April 2002, and Sue Potts Dressler, in February 2007.

Surviving are his sons, Douglas A. Dressler and wife Wilma, of Upper Eagle Creek, Ariz., and Mitchell C. Dressler and wife Sherri, and their sons Ryan and Derek. of Bradenton, Fla.

Tom was a retired engineer from The Norfolk Southern Railroad; a faithful and dedicated member of the Cornerstone United Methodist Church and its choir. Tom is a graduate of the PHS Class of 1954, and a lifelong modeler and historian of the Norfolk and Western Railway. He was also a 32nd Degree Mason, and a member of the El Hasa Shrine.

Tom's entire life revolved around helping family and friends no matter what the need or occasion. He will be sorely missed by all of us.

Funeral services will be held 10 a.m. Monday, Sept. 10, 2007, at the F.C. Daehler Mortuary Co. in Portsmouth, with the Rev. Clark Hess and the Rev. Kym James officiating. Interment will be in Memorial Burial Park in Wheelersburg. Visitation will be Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Monday one hour before the service at the funeral home.