611 move to East End Shops

Wed Sep 5 19:47:10 EDT 2007

Dave,

How dare you tamper with the work of a master.

Sam

Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 7:54 AM
Subject: Re: 611 move to East End Shops

Sam,

Thanks for posting the 611 photos! Looks like old
times!

Hope this is allowed, but I just couldn't stand the
pole in the one photo, so I took it out. Quick and
dirty Photoshop, about 10 minutes.

Dave Stephenson

---------------------------------
Hot off the presses! (Or hot off the memorycard.)

http://www.nwhs.org/qna/J611Move.html

Took these shots of the 611 being moved to East End
Shopsbetween 7:30 and 8:00 this evening. I apologize
for the fuzziness;dusk was coming on and I didn't have
my tripod with me. 611 joinsNKP 763 and the Roanoke
Chapter's T-6 in preparation for a ceremony in afew
days celebrating the founding of Roanoke Shops 125
years ago (Ithink). After leaving the 611, the SD-40-2
was headed back to theVirginia Museum of
Transportation to pull 1218 out and bring it down
tothe shops. Unfortunately it was getting too dark to
shoot anymore.

And if you though 611 wasn't articulated, look at that
shotof it curving into the turntable lead!

I also turned my camera toward a couple of other
Roanokelandmarks near the shops and have attached
those for your viewingpleasure (I hope) too.

Sam Putney

for the edge of your seat?
http://tv.yahoo.com/