Aux .Tenders (Canteens)

Sat Sep 29 23:13:54 EDT 2007

Hi to all,

This is my first post so forgive me if I've not followed correct protocol.

My query refers to the Canteens used by both Y and A class locomotives.

1. Did the canteen take the same number as the locomotive?

2. If not what numbering system did they take?

3.where were those numbers located on the canteen?

There is one other question and I respect that this may not be the forum for
this. I've had on order since Sept.2004 the book "N & W Class A _ Apogee of
the Compound" but cant get any information from anyone who can tell me
whether it will ever be published, or what is holding up its release. If it
s a legal battle or some type of dispute between parties I'm not interested
in that side of things only some indication of it's future. Living Western
Australia makes it a little difficult in knowing who to talk to about this
matter.

Regards to all
Ivan Burrows