Movement of locos back to VMT

Sun Sep 30 14:33:02 EDT 2007

On 9/30/07, Ben wrote:

> Let me add my opinion here; Being a citizen of Virginia, I am very

> disappointed in the Commonwealth of Virginia's lack of financial support for

> the museum. But, at the same time, I am also sorely disappointed in the VMT

> organization itself. And, who is this "yardmaster" on the blog? It sounds

> very unprofessional. I've been doing railroad volunteer work for 15 years

> now, and I would never have something like that in my personal "blog" if I

> had one.

We've had VMT discussions to a point in the past, then the plug was
pulled (and I understand why and have no problem with it).

For those who want to pursue the matter and issues with the who and
how of the VMT off list, there are two resources to dig into. The
first is the Guidestar organization (http://www.guidestar.org/), which
posts information about non-profit organizations, including the Form
990 filed with the IRS. Registration is required, but it is free. The
other site is the State Corporation Commission
(http://www.scc.virginia.gov/). Go to the Office of the Clerk
(http://scc-internet.scc.virginia.gov:8080/corporate/arfilings/corpsearch.asp)
and dig into the "Clerk's Information System" for information about
the VMT (this isn't an easy system to navigate, but the reports are
there).

Bruce in Blacksburg