N&W/Scioto Valley Question

Thu Oct 4 10:38:58 EDT 2007

Cromley would be between Ashville and the center siding toward Circleville known as Ritts as you say. However, the Little Walnut Creek is the creek adjacent to or near Cromley. Reese is between Miner and Valley Crossing is near the Big Walnut Creek. I do recall (on this list I think) of the standpipes and softening facilities at Reese and it would not much sense to have a water facility only 10 or 11 miles away at Cromley, so that probably shoots down my waterstop idea unless it predated the Reese facility.

A different question - what year were the coal and water facilities constructed at Dorney south (RR east) of Circleville?

Thanks,
Whit

tanks supplied from Big Walnut Creek. The tanks had
a storage capacity of 150,000 gals. Use of one of the
tanks was discontinued during the winter. Between
Jan. 1 and October 31, 1943, an average of 0.4
trains/day stopped to take on 7,000 gals. This water
station was apparently known as Reeses.
Harry Bundy